PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Woolwich
Thread: Woolwich
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2013, 22:13
Lima Juliet

Received 83 Likes on 34 Posts
I've just listened to the radio interview on here Shocking Account of Woolwich Attack | LBC

WARNING - it's pretty raw but it does mention other Police standing by and waiting for Armed Response. It also mentions people standing by and filimng it. I feel sorry for "James" giving the report, he sounds pretty shaken. He will also have to live with the thought of whether he could have done something to help and that is why I would rather do something than not try at all - better do something in a split second than suffer a lifetime of torture wishing you had done it.

On the 10 o'clock news I saw one woman on TV walk nonchalently past one of the murderers as if nothing was happening! The BBC blanked out her face; why? However, a massive well-done to the woman you can see trying to do something whilst the murderers were still at large - sadly though it looks like the victim had already died. Also, "James" did the very best he could by calling for the Police as soon as he could.

This tragic incident has certainly polarised my view that if confronted with such an attrocity I will do my utmost to stop it. I hope the radio interview convinces others too.

LJ

Last edited by Lima Juliet; 22nd May 2013 at 22:16.