PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career Development Loan refused, why?
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2001, 21:07
Blackshirt

It's true that no one owes you anything, and that the only way to get through life is to play the system.

Look at John Major if you want an example of what can be achieved by a man of little discernible talent:

The man who ran away from the circus to join a firm of Charted Accountants. No charisma. A mediocre public speaker at very best. No academic qualifications. The greyest little man one could imagine. What happened? He kept his head down, worked hard and pushed forward at every stage of his political career.

Result: a man who when from being a dullard to being a dullard who also was British Prime Minster.

Anyway, back to money matters.

After calling the banks a bunch of cock suckers in my last posting, I'd like to sing HSBC's praises…

Popped in HSBC Kidlington branch. Very helpful. Knew all about Professional Studies Loan. Surprisingly knowledgeable about flight training in general, for example, the Doris whom I spoke to even knew what an MCC Certificate was - maybe because of proximity to OATS??

Anyway, £12,000 loan sorted in short order at a lower interest rate than a CDL.

Why would you bother with a CDL? High interest rate limited borrowing amount, etc - plus from what I hear, you have to jump through hoops to get one anyway.

Before you ask, no, I'm not training at OATS…they really are a bunch of co.. su….. [before I get any angry responses….at least the Marketing Dept are, I'm sure all the instructors and everyone else are fine]