PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2013, 20:33
E75toDUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inexplicably expensive flights

I'm planning a trip to Hungary using the Flybe/Air France tie up via CDG. Can anyone elaborate as to why the planned return leg on 13/09/2013 is almost twice the price of any other given Friday throughout the year? What's happening on that date, are Flybe trying to dissuade passengers from travelling on Friday 13th?
Sorry, I can't help you on the why, but I also see apparently random pricing for specific flights. I think it may be that they've done something like sold 30 seats to for a school exchange trip for one of the legs, which suddenly reduces availability, and BE are content to price high and try to fill the remaining seats with travellers insensitive to price (and pity the fools who find themselves on a small plane overrun with over-excited teens...).

Since you have a connection, try pricing the individual sectors if you haven't already. Maybe a longer layover in CDG can help?

If there is a major event, then the price will not come down and you need to decide whether to take the pain. If not, then only FlyBe know their pricing and I would expect any employee that tells you to get a serious telling off at minimum...