PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senior Aviation/Austin Aviation
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2013, 20:17
Pittsextra

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Pitts - Surely paying someone to sell you business you would/could/should have won yourself is competition in anyone's books?

To make it worse, unlike "voucher pimps" such as Groupon et al, your student is unlikely to be engaged in outbound business generation - they're just going to be competing for those customers Googling "cheap helicopter flight".
Hi - to be quite honest in regards to this scheme (as has now been admitted since by someone connected? with it) it really isn't a big deal in the sense of competition. It would seem its merely a way to generate a trading position so that VAT can be reclaimed.

Its a nice idea tbh although I'm not sure why anyone needs to pay so much for it. An off the shelf company is a few hundred quid and registering for VAT is free, as is getting a bank account etc.

As for the commercials of people googling cheap helicopter flights, etc,etc really when you look at the sites that you refer to I'm not sure how operators loose out when hour helicopter flights in R44's set the punts back £350 each....

If I was an operator I'd gladly pay £10 for every one of those referrals...