PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:05
migair54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iQatar

even if this starts today by the time first batch is ready it will be at least 12 or 18 months the fastes... so thatīs not an issue for the swimmers and when i did my interview i was told that around 500-600 pilots a year will be needed, so i think they will have to continue with the hiring.

Stick35

From Doha, Dubai, Abu Dhabi within less than 7-8 flight time you can reach 2-3 of the worlds population, fast growing economies and global cargo markets, so I think they are really in a good position to make profit.

I always see and listen people talking about Qatar, Emirates.... but I think Turkish has a very very agressive strategy as well, and a huge progress in the last years and they expansion plans are even bigger than EK, have a look at the last years and you will see, the only problem they have is Ataturk but they are soliciting for a huge new airport, and Turkish has a big home population plus big touristic potential as well..