PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Using mobiles on planes.
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2013, 11:11
Lberto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interesting thread, I would like to post my thoughts in random order

-Interference from mobiles can hit not only a radio receiver but also any other electronic device from inflight entertainment to navaids,depending on distance/design/sensitivity/shielding

-I hate human-generated noises on flights , I'm even happy when nobody sitting around me either knows each other (so there is no chat) , or uses headphones at blasting level.

-Unfortunately with modern smartphone and tablets , if the connection is fast enough , you can "phone" somebody else from a wi-fi equipped ariliner ( I just texted the family with What's app from a LH flight - connection offered by LH as a gift) and yes, my fellow compatriotes are very prone to shout in a mobile regardless of the surrounding environment and/or quiet zone.

-I remind reported , if not "certified" , cases at the dawn of E-tacs cellphones, like autopilot disengagement on final beacuse of a phone call (may be incoming).

-On an Alitalia flight to Rome in short final I saw an assistant seizing the cellphone of a passenger who reiteratedly made calls while close to landing.

Last edited by Lberto; 22nd May 2013 at 11:13.