PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Children of Magenta / Rage against the Machine
Old 21st May 2013, 15:11
main_dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So instead of looking through the Boeing binocular and being miserable why not enjoy the new concept and it's advantages?
Vilas, I was an Airbus pilot for seven years before I transitioned to Boeing. For the last six+ years I have been on the Jumbo, so I am about as far from miserable as a pilot can be! What a great ship.

The Airbus was (for me) not as fun to fly... still fun, but I enjoy the Boeing more. It feels like Boeing design their machines around the pilot, with the man at the centre of the machine.

During my airboos years I could never escape the feeling that the airplane had been created by over-confident engineers who were trying to design the pilot out of the machine; you felt disconnected from what the automatics were doing, what the other pilot was doing and what the flight control surfaces and engines where doing. It all worked fine until things went wrong and then all of a sudden it went horribly wrong, leaving you -on the proverbial dark and stormy night- with a three-page Ecam and an airplane you had never actually flown before (ie in altn/direct law which is never practiced except in the sim).

Disclaimer: over my career I have met a great many skilled pilots who preferred the Toulouse way of doing things... so it's horses for courses (ą chacun son gołt).