PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Studying material for CPL subjects (ATC/Bob T)
Old 21st May 2013, 14:49
Diesel Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kabukiman,

If you want my advice I'd recommend Bob Tait's books over ATC. I have both sets and found that ATC were very hard to digest where as Bob's books are very clear and to the point. Bob's books cover most of what you need to know to achieve well over 90% in all your CPL subjects. I have self studied all of my exams and actually just sat CFPA today and passed with 92%. There are a few things I found he didn't cover in his books which caught me out in the exams, even his own practice exams believe it or not, but nothing major.

My suggestion would be to buy his books and his online practice exam material for each subject. You do them over the internet just like the CASA exam and each one gives you very detailed feedback. That's how I've done it. Each "exam prep" module is about $50 and if you buy extra exams it's another $20 which sounds expensive but I justify it by comparing it to the cost of resitting another test.

Good luck!