PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair accused of 'exploiting' staff
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2013, 14:48
felixthecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You were referring to the Colgon crash and trying to make a link between that and seemingly overpaid pilots who wear Breitling watches and have spent all their money on ex-wives and type ratings they can't afford. My point was there was no such link in the Colgon report and indeed there are more links to the pilots being poorly paid and tired from working extra hours to make ends meet. I made no such reference to milk tokens in FR. The link between Colgon and overpaid pilots was the perception you engendered and it is false, indeed the FO was earning less than $20000 and was unable to afford accommodation near the airport and had to make a long commute, as indeed did the Capt.

You carefully didn't address my question as to why the company would threaten pilots with reprisals if the pilots claims are groundless. As I said previously what are they hiding if indeed the pilots are indeed just overpaid wingers, it would play straight into the companies hands would it not?

If the pilots who ultimately are at the front end of the safety chain believe there is a problem then let the regulators decide if it holds water, not the company.

Last edited by felixthecat; 21st May 2013 at 16:05.