PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair accused of 'exploiting' staff
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2013, 13:38
clunk1001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Felixthecat -
you'll find there are no similarities at all between the two, not just inrelation to Breitling watches - and that's my point - this move by the RPG looks like a ploy to improve Ts&Cs, and if it is, then any reference tosafety/previous disasters is just 'smoke and mirrors'.

My understanding is that RYR pay relatively well, and generally have a stable(ish) 5/4, 5/3 roster. Why would you mention Milk Tokens? Yes it happens,but at RYR? I doubt it - very happy for you to prove otherwise.

Wiggy -
Stereotyping is fundamentally important with media attention. The publicview of the 'stereotypical airline pilot' is that they earn a lot of money and have great benefits. How will the public react to suggestions Pilots are usingsafety as a means of getting even better benefits? Not well, and I wonder whether that is why RYR have reacted as they have - it turns the media attention around and suggests that the 'highest paid occupation' Pilots are the bad guys.

Facelookbovvered -

You are right - I am playing devils advocate.

I did fund my training, some years ago now - but the grass is not always greener. So I'll be staying where I am. Still have my CPL/ME/IR and fly for fun.

I think I've got a good handle on the reality of Pilot Ts&Cs. And I think that Pilots are underpaid and more importantly undervalued. So you've got me wrong there.

I'm not missing the point about 'Fear Culture' but the article specifically quotes a Pilot as saying "If you are not going to get paid..." when talking about the 'fear culture'. So he's made it about money.

If 'Fear Culture' is the issue - then why are we reading about uniforms, pensions, medical cover, contracts etc in relation to Safety?

Last edited by clunk1001; 21st May 2013 at 16:14.