PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Children of Magenta / Rage against the Machine
Old 21st May 2013, 09:49
Uplinker

Received 106 Likes on 64 Posts
Hi Glueball,

Yes of course I can, but would that include the engine FADECS?. Do you really want to fly fully manually and look after the EGT's and max N1, N2? AND the pressurisation etc. etc. What I am questioning is why stay rooted in the 70's ?

In daily life; Do you send telegrams from the post office to your friends, or do you send texts? Do you drive a car with ultra efficient fuel infection and digital engine control, or one with carburettors and manual choke? Do you get your information from the internet or do you go to the local library? Do you wash your clothes by hand or do you have a machine to do it for you? Do you have a mobile telephone on you at all times, or do you have to go down the street and use a call box? Do you keep paper manuals or do you have everything on an iPad?

The "old school" pilots have embraced all the above examples of modern technology, but for some reason will not go the 'extra mile' and do the same with aircraft technology. Would you want to go back to open cockpits? No, that would be absurd, but why won't you accept improved aircraft automation, why do you want to fly an airliner as if it were a Seneca?

I'm not having a go, I am genuinely curious.

Last edited by Uplinker; 21st May 2013 at 09:53.