PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Rivet Joint
Thread: RAF Rivet Joint
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2013, 22:31
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Lonewolf, I am not insulting anyone, our people are just as diligent, dedicated, and hard working as those you mention. The subversion of airworthiness and investigatory procedures here happened at the top of the food chain. They happened because they could. That was a great shock to me, having served in the RAF and been proud of its Flight Safety record.

Threads on this very forum account for 62 deaths in airworthiness related fatal accidents, 29 of which occurred in one tragedy alone. The deceased pilots were found Grossly Negligent by Higher Command. Only many years later was that finding set aside, but still the Gross Unairworthiness of the aircraft at RTS has still to be acknowledged.

Under an independent and separate MAAIB inquiry that injustice could have been avoided and the Airworthiness Authority brought to account. This is not just about justice, it is about life and death, about maintaining operational effectiveness. In short it is about ensuring that our military airpower is sustained and not lost to avoidable accidents and death.

Now, it is of course your prerogative to reject all that I warn of. I would suggest though that the possible award of an RTS into the RAF makes the issue our business. Hence this thread. Hence my remarks.