PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA licence transfer, Annex B and all that....
Old 20th May 2013, 21:33
Duchess_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA licence transfer, Annex B and all that....

Been asked by my current employer to consider transferring my UK issued EASA CPL and associated tickets to that of the EASA country that I am now working in most of the time.

I am not so sure how I feel about this, (National pride and all that) but I suppose with all this EASA stuff it shouldn't make a difference. Can anybody give me ideas about how long the process usually takes to complete? Can I still work on my existing licence whilst the transfer is being undertaken? Any horror stories you'd like to share?

Also, I'd like to check my understanding....

My UK issued EASA licence has scribbled on it a statement to the effect that I can fly a Non-EASA aircraft registered in the UK for which a PART-FCL licence is not required.

If I transfer my UK issued EASA licence to a new state of registry, does my existing licence remain valid for Non-EASA aircraft registered in the UK? I am presuming my new EASA licence to the state that I am working in could have the Non-EASA privilages applied in a similar manner. How does this affect my medical....would I then need two medicals, one valid in the UK for non-EASA and one in the state to which I transfer for the PART-FCL stuff? Where do I hang my UK issued IMCR - does that still stay with the Non-EASA stuff as I can't see where else it can go? (Not that I really need it!)

Cheers

DD

Last edited by Duchess_Driver; 20th May 2013 at 21:34.