PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2013, 21:05
Killface

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However, I don't think the objective of this forum is sacral but mundane, dealing with facts and experience.
Therefore, having neither may understandably pose a problem in superimposing one's opinion, but that's how it works.
For example, how would people here know why partner nations "fight" to keep the JSF and how are people supposed to discuss that in the first place, without going into speculation way more than required to keep the discussion within reason?
This kind of question is equal in silliness to the one asking someone to make an assessment on JSF's total combat capability.
Still, people here can (and do) discuss specific items and details based on experience and knowledge, but that's all there is...a point sadly missed by JSFfan, for example.

Hope this helps.
It does, thank you for this post. And for the record I say the military fights for the JSF as in they go in front of Congress or their respective civilian boards and argue for it, the american marines arguing most ardently for it. I will try to narrow my focus more to the trees rather than the whole forest

I don't disagree with the author's frustration on the program bloat.
He's not unique in his perspective there.

I don't understand how that article is toxic.
No what I am saying is its a valid argument, but his name is so toxic with the JSF he couldn't actually write it on the post, lest it be instantly dismissed. As you say many share this perspective, its an interesting article no doubt, why isn't someone's name on it? because Bill wrote it. And they can't say he wrote it, or it loses credibility. unless someone else wrote that and for some reason declined to put their name on it, which is odd because that story was a bombshell when it came out.

If you saw a book about WWII but the Author's name was Hitler would you bother reading it? if you did how seriously would you take it? Its not the subject, or the article, but the author that has become less than credible. HTH

just so we are clear. I will gladly tone it down, and relax when the 3 individuals who are picking on me drop it as well. I will not post anything controversial or personal unless provoked, from here on out. If you want to troll me, I will fall for it and respond. if not, lets let bygones be bygones

Last edited by Killface; 20th May 2013 at 21:23.