PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair accused of 'exploiting' staff
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2013, 20:51
Whiskey Bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clunk - just skimming this one, suggesting that pilots are the highest paid profession and then mentioning GP's on 100k is laughable. I doubt there are many viewers of this thread making 100k and I know plenty of GP's and other doctors that aren't either! Back to the Daily Mail I think.

I'm sure there are plenty at RYR who are happy with their lot, for a multitude of reasons. Probably those who can afford to feed and house themselves (and families) and for whatever reason not have to worry unduly about not working and not getting paid. However, when people have to make a choice of going to work performing sub-optimally and not getting paid, it would appear that there is a conflict.

Whether RYR contracts are legal or not legal is one very complex debate, but they would seem to be in the favour of the employer, not the employee and apparently not optional - therefore some doubt springs to mind immediately.

If RYR offered those they recruited to choose between a permanent, statutory benefits contract at pay rate X and a contract position at pay rate Y then the issued would be closed.