PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus cadet program 2013
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2013, 20:23
Greendotz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quiet:Can anyone shed light on why a CV might be optional? If you don't submit a CV are you at a disadvantage? The fact that it's optional indicates that you wouldn't be at a disadvantage but then why ask for them at all?
It does mention that the CV attachment is optional, so I guess you don’t need to worry about it too much, but ask yourself this. If you truly want this job then wouldn’t you want to put in the most amount of effort as possible? Especially on such a vanilla application process it’s probably the only opportunity you get to distinguish yourself from others. Also I bet if you did make it to the interview stage then they’d have something to go on. If you’re thinking “man, I want this job, but making a CV is such a bother” do you really think that further down the line you’ll be able to compete against incredibly passionate candidates who will be putting 100% of their effort into getting the job.

I think you’re spot on with your analysis that if they really didn’t need it they wouldn’t give you the option to upload it in the first place, but hey I could be wrong.

Also @Beo787ing, calm down buddy I you mean Friday the 17th then it’s barely been a single working day. Potentially you may not hear anything until June 21st and still get invited to take the online tests. At least give it a week, if you still haven’t heard anything by then then maybe you can start worrying, but don’t freak out just because you didn’t get a next day response