PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair accused of 'exploiting' staff
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2013, 18:16
Mr Angry from Purley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clunk
[QUOTE]The original Flight Attendant article looks like RYR bashing for the sake of it. £1,800 for training and then paid £13 per hour? That's actually pretty good as a starting salary - University graduates these days can spent £18,000 on their degree and work for less. So what's the point of the article? is it how well paid RYR flight attendants are with only minimal investment?[quote]

My reading is that most other airlines dont charge Cabin Crew or their training, uniform, offer a basic wage, sick pay et whereas FR sorry crewlink offer SFA.
Not sure if thats FR bashing just a statement of where the Cabin Crew are.
I recently recall a bad day at my airport with snow, the likes of Monarch, Thomson etc were giving it a go. FR cancelled their flights. Someone at work said this was because the local bus company had also cancelled their services thus making it difficult for FR crew to get to work, whereas the likes of Mon/Thom CC can afford a car.... There was also a recent case where FR re-based their CC in an Italian airport with 1? days notice because their base had been closed to commercial traffic because of the conflict in a North African country. The flights were moved to an airport 90 mins away by road. I believe the crew were left to their own devices, whereas any other airline would have assisted them. I may be wrong sure someone will correct me if so.
FR are no different to many airlines, they could be a great employer, profits vv people

Last edited by Mr Angry from Purley; 20th May 2013 at 18:20.