PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help! Need up to date advice on flight schools in South Africa
Old 20th May 2013, 15:29
Easy_Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish Help! Need up to date advice on flight schools in South Africa

Hi

I am interested in gaining my CPL - (Multi Engine) IR, I Have no prior experience therefore I will be needing to start at PPL level up to CPL - Multi completing with at least 260 hours.

I am looking for a good CAA approved flying school in South Africa preferably on the coast which offer quality and fast one to one training in a relaxed atmosphere.

My original plan was to go to Florida and get all my licenses in 3 months time, following the accelerated pilot program offered at the school there but unfortunately I had to change country in the last minute and cancel my plans of training in the US.
so now I am looking at flight schools in South Africa which I am not too pleased to say will take me at least a year to do my training there

I have contacted 43 air school and Flight Training College but was put off by the amount of rules the school has on it's students and yes I do understand there one of the best flying schools in the country but it seems to me a very busy school with high class numbers which I am not too keen on, as I am looking for a school with a small class number or one to one is even better.

Any advice is greatly appreciated