PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair accused of 'exploiting' staff
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2013, 12:14
Meccano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately,
I do have to spend time onboard Ryanair from time to time.

Never seen Safety issues though

Racedo,

The facts are in plain view. if a so called contractor gets his/hers work schedule from a company, wears an ID and/or Uniform from a company, is only allowed to work for that one company, then according to EU and thus also National legislation, you are employed by said company, nomatter what your contract, which in that case is illegal ( again always the responsability of the employer),tells you.
Brookfield and all are just smokehoods in this case.
And yes, I have spend a considerable amount of money on legal advice to obtain this info, which is absolutely correct.
Like it or not, these are the facts.

Booking through the Ryanair website is a snakepit of boobytraps for the inexperienced traveller or user.
By specifically having to navigate through insurance offerings, and specifically having to indicate you do not want this service, they knowingly increase the chances of users inadvertantly choosing insurance. same goes with the hotel, luggage, carhire and transportation offers, of which FR all gets a commission.
Asking passengers to pay an extra fee for the obligatory web check-in, which is done at your home with your computer, paper and printer, is exploiting. no other way of putting it.

In a way, I do admire their antics, as it is very succesfull...I do hate their antics as a passenger, who, mind you still pays less than with the competition.

I am also sure that a lot of crew for Ryanair are happy with their current situation. Good for them, but the fact remains that Contracting pilots for airlines do not exist according to EU legislation, of which Ireland is a member state.

Now Racedo, if you are flightcrew, you would better support our profession by actively fighting against the downward spiral our profession is going.

So no legal, taxation, design or business qualifications then and claiming "I am a Passenger" is a bit more than that.
Nice try but claiming like Rafa Benitez that something is a fact, doesn't make it so.
Racedo, the corollary of your argument is - are you a Judge? Tax Accountant? Business Law Expert?
Are you all three?
Maybe you are no more qualified to dismiss his points than Despegue is to make them!

I'm not a Farmer - but I know a Pig when I see one.