PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair accused of 'exploiting' staff
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2013, 11:04
clunk1001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raising public awareness of any airline's use (misuse?) of contractors is a good thing. And as company ethics is high on the public agenda there has never been a better time.

But, its all about perception over fact :

The contracted pilots have no pension scheme or medical insurance
I have 3 questions :

Having recently been officially confirmed publicly as the 'Highest Paid Profession' -

1. Do you think ANYONE cares about Pilot pensions?
2. Do you thing ANYONE believes a Pilot's lack of pension is a safety issue? (other than the RPG)

if a pilot signs a letter highlighting what they feel is a safety issue
Pilots waving their little 'safety' flags as a last ditch attempt for better Ts&Cs is a schoolboy tactic which most people can see through.

3. Do you think EVERYONE will question a Pilot's (all pilots) motives in future when they raise a safety concern? (legitimate or otherwise - see felixthecat's post)

So there's a
confusing, uncertain and unpredictable employment situation at Ryanair
Can you tell me where there isn't a confusing, uncertain and unpredictable employment situation right now?!

PS. Thanks for my new title vrd03kt, kind of catchy. Says a lot about this thread that I side with RYR.

Note: I am in no way employed by, connected to, or affiliated with any European Airline, Irish or otherwise, and my views are entirely personal.

Last edited by clunk1001; 20th May 2013 at 11:10.