PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2013, 09:45
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair

clivegore

The example you give is exactly what I have heard although you will see when I post the April stats later that most of the these BHX med routes did have between 10-15% empty seats averaging over the month (although those empty seats are not always at the right time) but these were sky high prices compared to other airlines at other airports. I suppose that is just supply and demand but it is frustrating.

To be fair to Ryanair they have operated a good 90% of their summer schedule from day one and Malaga was daily, Alicante in fact was up on 2012 at 9 weekly but Palma remained 5 and Faro 3. I think overall Ryanair have increased their BHX flights this summer but rather than shouting from the rooftops they have been rather quiet about it - not very Ryanair like but I suppose that is due to the base has stayed at 4 but come August with the away based flying it is as good as six based if you count the Dublin flights.

I don't particularly want to knock Monarch, as I am sure they have industry experts running their yield-management but it was such a drastic change on 2012 and not in line what was happening at some other airports but as FRatSTN stated it changed in May with what was on offer.

Pete