PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice in Uk
Thread: Advice in Uk
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2013, 07:07
jethrolx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice in Uk

Hi ppruners,

I just wondered if I could get some advice from the experienced guys n gals in this forum. I was on my way to obtaining my CPL in Australia, and have approx 180 hrs and all theory credits when I had to abandon my dreams of becoming a professional pilot due to family commitments/financial restrictions. Now I am beginning to wonder whether my decision may have been a little hasty...
I know I wont be able to do much for the next year or so due to my current financial situation, but I would appreciate some advice on the UK syllabus and also potential airline opportunities as I have never explored them before now.
Given my current experience, could I study for my uk cpl and atpl theory credits without having to do a whole bunch of hours flying time? As this could see me though for a while, then start flying again.
Can anyone recommend a good school I the North of England? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Are there any airline program's for people with similar experience levels as me, I know qantas link have a program to take cpl pilots and train them to cir rati g and type rating.
Cheers!