PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2013, 19:23
Icare9

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Danny, don't worry, as chugalug2 (very appropriate monicker, as we now realise!) says "someones got to do it" and we've had all sorts of research helping with identifying the type of Vengeance, cars and all sorts of other incidentals, so in the name of "purely" historical research, he, I and clicker will do our verry besh hic to search out an an er tashte all der vunnerful sidres, siders an an ciders ar thash the wun in ower neck of the woods an an come back and report on ower er findings..... hic I insisht dear boy an on this we wunt be druv hic.

I'm not actually a native of these parts, as we only retired to the country from the City 18 months ago and loving it here. I'm a Sarfender originally and making the most of it whilst Mrs Axe is getting various joints replaced and easing the remaining ones with generous dollops of Spanish sun (and wine!).

Check out the info from the Wartling village site: Subterranea Britannica: Sites:RAF Wartling WW2 GCI Radar Station and also get some of the delicious meat from Chilley Farm down on the Pevensey levels.
We're supposed to be living on the hill where Duke William first raised his standard (either of Normandy - with the two lions, not 3 as in the English - or perhaps the Papal banner allegedly supporting his "rightful" claim to the throne of England) before trolleying off to do Battle with Harold who was on his way back from Stamford Bridge. Damn silly time to be off watching football if you ask me.

Last edited by Icare9; 18th May 2013 at 19:30.