PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2013, 17:57
FH1100 Pilot

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Sav, that intake cowling you talk about is just the original snow baffle for the 206A. Pretty, ain't it? You can see the original intake openings exposed on the sides, which they are in case the forward intake gets clogged. The later snow kit baffles also allowed for this but were much smaller and simpler in execution.

And btw, what a flashback! I clearly remember seeing that very Bell ad you posted - the one with those five guys heading out to the JetRanger with their briefcases/suitcases/sales bags (two apiece!). Man I had to be, like, 11 or 12. Can't remember which magazine though. Sexy then, and sexy now, that 206.

And now, after a lifetime of flying a later version of that model, I wonder what they thought they were going to do with the leftover bags that wouldn't fit into the boot...leave them behind? The baggage extender hadn't even been invented yet! And I do hope they weren't expecting to fly for more than 15 minutes with all that load in the ship. Still fun to see again and reminisce about what got me into this crazy industry.