PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA reroute Gulf flights via Larnaca
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2003, 07:35
gulf_slf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Think that the main thing tourists to Dubai are worried about at present is the weather ...it is piddling down here !!

More seriously a blanket policy for the whole of the Gulf seems out of proportion & inappropriate to the situation
(or do BA operations know something that we dont know??)...the rumour in DXB is that the local 'expat' management is being repatriated!!
Suggest that they dont come back as I expect the 'local' staff can do an excellent job without them!!

The UAE (& Dubai especially) is a significant distance from any area of potential conflict....EK must be laughing with all the SLF's being directed to their services in place of the second BA flt that is cut back ....I understand that pay-loads on this route to DXB are some of the heavier sectors that BA are currently operating..so commercials are not necessarily driving this one..Check out EK 7 daily flights from the UK (I stand to corrected as required...)

BA probably needs every penny it can get at present and to keep its employees(Pilots / cabin crew) on the payroll!!

Let us all hope that situation is resoved soon and that we get back to normal asap....BA may find it difficult to gain back the pax when it all over as it reflects badly amongst locals...

Pip! Pip! Back to the 'Bunker' ('watering hole in DXB)