PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue now has 30% (Geoff Dixon)
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2003, 06:51
frank Borman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

sirjfp, thats the current word on the street. Couple of other points of interest.

1) SQ's decision on Australia is condition precedent on Iraq war. the sooner it's over, the sooner we'll see something. Quote from Choong, " Iraq will not change our decision, only the timing"

2) Silkair to increase Airbus fleet, with the option of an all one class config to compete with a low cost operation into Singapore.

3) Singaporean investors up the stake in REX.

4) Alliance and SQ heads in talks last week after STAR meeting.

5) SQ increases by 17% it's flights into Australia. SQ are now the second biggest, behind QF for international flights into and out of Australia.

6) AirNZ pulls out of Singapore routes. Singapore the only carrier flying Singapore direct NZ.

7) Quote from Choong " SQ investment in QF is in Geoff Dixon's head only"

It's interesting now that the dust has settled and everybody gives up on SQ coming here, you see a few little things going on behind the scenes.

But, nah, apparently what I say here makes thumpa laugh. I could give him uncle Frankies "kick the tyres and light the fires, switch on the hang onto your truss overhead sign" checklist for the 717. It being such a "great" bird though, might make the poor guy cry!! - now thats what I call a real whisperjet!!! onya thumpa, bring your own Vaseline to the party mate, this is kinda kinky, and I like that, on second thoughts, whats that endorsement on yer licence? Victa two stroke rating?

C'mon mate, you said the roses were blooming in your garden, go and take a big deep breath of them thar flowers and while your at it, look into the sky at those lovely 737NG's, the best ever 717 replacement.