PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raaf Atc Darwin
Thread: Raaf Atc Darwin
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2003, 05:32
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
NFR,
I am guessing as much as you are re the intent.

The way I understand it is, say you are inbound from the east and as per the Jeps you decide the ILS is the way to go. You have not recieved the ATIS or any other directed info for that matter and you do as thethe good book says, descend to the circling MDA.
Although you should have a good idea about which runway the wind is favouring maybe you don't, thunderstorms etc. doesn't really matter anyway it is quite clear, need either ATIS or directed info not an assumption.
On reaching the circling MDA and are visual, you receive a green light simple you continue straight in land.
Or you reach the circling MDA visual, no green light you circle, assess the weather and other info available to you decide on which runway circle and land?
I guess this also covers the case for say doing the ILS get to MDA and you in the tower have a serviceable lamp, however there is a 20kt tdownwind on 29, no green light would indicate to the pilot he must circle to land, and in the process have a look at the wind??

from the west well have to deide whether a 11 VOR/DME is most suitable or ILS. Circling MDA is the same have plenty of fuel for another go at the ILS??? Otherwise I see it as the same.

Last edited by RENURPP; 25th Feb 2003 at 08:08.