PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue now has 30% (Geoff Dixon)
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2003, 04:39
sirjfp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frank,

I think you are right on the mark ! Unless these Q.F staff drop their fat cat , public servant ,mentality they may find themselves working for a once mighty airline whose cost base wont be able to compete with any serious cashed up competitor who allies themselves with D.J and the regionals . Shades of other once mighty airlines that once ruled the skies around the world.!
If anyone decides to compete with them in the business market they will do huge damage to the Q.F monopoly . There will be much more blood shed in the aussie aviation market yet and I'm tipping that most of it will be from the big red rat!
Many of my "well heeled" friends who have had to use q.f over the last 16 months are well and truly jacked off by the indifference of many Q.F staff they encounter. One has already dropped his account and is using D.J . These are people who were buying full fare Y/C or J/C tickets! It won't take too many punters like this to " walk " and Q.F is in serious **** !

If anyone read the transcipt of the business sunday show yesterday , Dixon sounds like he has the axe out. The bean counters are out to slash costs , interesting times ahead for sure!
There is no doubt in my mind that labour reform is the only way that the real cost savings can be achieved and the up coming F/A's industrial action could be the start of it.
I will be observing with interest.!