PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue now has 30% (Geoff Dixon)
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2003, 02:56
frank Borman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, whatever happens happens. Least I've sparked a bit of debate on the issue, albeit not debate, but an attack on what I say.

The real guts of the issue is while everybody is happy to knock VB, and yes, it's usually you arrogant QF staff that are the ones that scoff and carry on about them, it aint the general public. You increasingly find it hard to accept criticism about your own airline. So as far as I'm concerned, your hypocritical. And qfpaypacket, I havent yet read or heard anything that is contradictory to what I have read and heard previously about the likes of Geoff Dixon and co, so until I do, and I know a fair amount would join me in getting sick of the arrogance of the man on TV, then that's the stance.

Your remark about Tasmania thumpa are very curious, then again, one would expect that from an arrogance inherited from being in a company that is there but for the grace of god, and whom most of the decent guys have left and one in which is renowned for it's appalling employee treatment and probably, well, knowingly, standards. So while you sit there with your rose coloured glasses and tout your position, remember, as someone quoted recently, it could come to an end very abruptly, look at whats happened in Aviation in the last 18 months.

All it would take is for the proposed equity stake to occur in VB, and the associated alliances that would follow, and the arrogant, conceited smile that adorns the likes of qfpaypacket and thunpa will change as the threat of uncertainty rears it's ugly head.

I feel that the devil that QF knew, that being AN, was the devil they knew!!. And now with the uncertainty of the next likely competitor and JP Morgan putting a high probability on that being SQ, if you still believe your untouchable, your either very naive or very stupid.

So it's with that, bring on a VB and SQ alliance!!! there are two great regionals waiting in the wings to feed the alliance. Go REX and go Alliance.