PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Children of Magenta / Rage against the Machine
Old 17th May 2013, 23:36
Capn Bloggs

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts
Uplinker, yes, I understand we've done these topics to death. My post, while sincere, as also a big tongue-in-cheek, hence the smiley.

However, you hit the nail on the head with:
the new cars design system fails and the old skills need to be remembered.
The AF guys did not have the skills, or could not remember them. When they hand fly, they don't have to trim. Do you then really think that the need to trim forward to get the A330 un-stalled, to correct what the designers thought was a good idea at the time (autotrim right back into the stall), is going to be second nature to them? Unless this stuff is practiced, either on the line on in the sim often we can't expect a guaranteed safe result every time. The company that makes my aeroplane apparently prides itself in simplicity, with very few Recall times in the QRH. The stall recovery procedure is a whole page, and not a Recall item!

Re washing machines. No problem if mine fails; it'll take me twice or three times as long, and the job won't be as good, but I'm not going to kill someone in the process if I don't do a good job of it.

Continue the rage!

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 18th May 2013 at 03:43. Reason: I used to pride myself in my spelin...