PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 17th May 2013, 22:12
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight drift, anybody else see the irony in a discussion about retrieving an item from the ocean, with commentary from 'Henry the octopus' and Sun'fish'?
Sorry fella's, I was just enjoying that connection, it gave me a smile on this beautiful morning!

On a final note, and I apologise in advance to Dom as my incoming thought is not intended to be personal. Lets say the 'anti Dom crusaders' are correct, that Dom was a rogue, a shocking pilot who should not have had the audacity to wear the stripes on his shirt, a pilot in command of a Jet, not some weekend 152 joyflighter - How was such a rogue able to exist within a so-called competently regulated aviation industry? Surely adequate oversight would have noticed the red flags? I can tell you this - pilots are a funny bunch. They love a casual drink (or two) amongst fellow pilots (including FOI's), and incredibly a large industry on such occasions becomes remarkably small and I reckon that if Dom was
a loose cannon it would have already been well known, especially to CAsA (take Hempel for example). So again the question should be raised as to what was CAsA doing?
But that is just a random thought and theory. Why? Because as most of us accept, Dom old son, you did stuff up. However the bigger picture paints the full scenery and Dom was also a chess piece within a game that has numerous other pieces that failed.

But lastly, the above is a brief note about Dom and CAsA's contribution to the 'event'. But the ATSBeakers actions (or should I say budget guided non actions) and the way it conducted its investigation is a separate issue, but one which of course highlights the fact that it is another piece of our safety oversight capacity that is completely buggered beyond belief!
Some people say 'why retrieve the boxes' we know what happened. Bull**** to that I bellow. The boxes could shed additional light on the accident, they would provide technical data as well as voice transcript and of which a totally accurate and comprehensive overview of the accident is obtained. Roll that into a 'lessons learned' package and suddenly you have a value benefit to industry. But no, King Beaker and his mighty budget, his bureaucratic background and all his so-intellectual mi mi mi-ing couldn't see the potential in this. Which proves their stupidity and inability.

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 17th May 2013 at 22:44.