PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Fleet (Citijet revisited)
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2003, 00:42
KiwiNewbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know what all the fuss is about with Massey. The BAv covers ground subjects in far greater depth than the ASL syllabus taught at aeroclubs, and has a huge focus on CRM. Thats why it takes 3 years and costs more than popping down to the local aeroclub.

The instruction I received was of a very high standard. Combined with the CRM focus of the course I felt as prepared as I could be for my first multicrew position.

So speaking of Human Factors, perhaps the poster who mentioned 'doing some research on Human Factors' might want to check out the difference between aeroclub multichoice pop quizzes and university level Aviation Psychology, Aerodynamics and Performance taught by academically recognised experts in their field. Making unsubstantiated claims about accident rates in one organisation vs another is completely pointless - I wonder what axe you have to grind? There are many ways to skin a cat and doing the hard yards through flight training at Massey is one of the options.

It is the higher level of academic training which got me my first job, which was with an overseas airline preferring degreed candidates and no it wasnt the Garuda deal.

Thanks massey, I love my turbines.