PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2013, 18:45
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They might not even change in the future - but change will be forced upon them. By whom and what company, I cannot guess but the next generation of FR mgt will have to think the unthinkable.
The only constant that is clear in looking at how Ryanair operate is that change is pretty much continuous.

This is why I puzzle about people claiming "the unthinkable"..............what unthinkable is that ?

There are lots of people who desire the old days in Aviation as witnessed by the old Black and White movies or what they received in the 1980's................not many people want to pay for it though.

I have friends in various professions who ended up spending thousands to do MBA's / MSC or upskill into different areas. Even 1 who 15 years after attending medical school and running non medical family business spent £40k getting back into medical profession and now a GP.

The lets train people at company expense is something that has pretty much died across many industries over last 30 years. One only has to look at how apprenticeships have pretty much disappeared across whole swathes of UK industry. UK business relies on foreign trained professionals across many professions to make up for 30 years of short termism. Why should aviation be different ?

Last edited by racedo; 17th May 2013 at 18:46.