PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Insurance
Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2013, 18:13
Hartington

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Insurance

Let us say I purchase Edinburgh/London on "Little Red" then a separate ticket on BA London/Bangkok and then a third separate ticket on Bangkok Airways to fly from Bangkok to Siem Reap. Let's further assume I leave a minimum 5 hours between each of those flights/tickets.

We've discussed arrangements like this before and come to the conclusion that there is a risk (not a certainty but a risk) of a delay in one flight meaning that the subsequent ticket becomes either invalid (because you didn't check in at the correct time) or subject to fees and/or extra fares to change to a leter flight.

There are insurance policies here in the UK that include "delay insurance" but, as I understand it, these offer insurance in respect of any extra meals or even hotels you might have to pay for if your flight is delayed and may even only include the first flight in a chain.

My question is whether there is a policy that would cover me in the case quoted above against fees/fares that AF and/or Bangkok would charge if Little Red delivered me too late and even that Bangkok might levy if the "connection" at London worked but BA suffered a delay.