PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2013, 08:04
QueenBuzzzzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha Ha go straight for the hard hitting questions!

Flight attendants and ground staff wear the red and pink.

Managers wear the red and red.

Unfortunately no Loubys . The red soles wouldn't last very long walking the kms through the airport, but it would have been great to have issued heels, I think the Virgin girls look so smart wearing the same style, not like our ratty things!

Other people have asked how many overnights we get, which I didn't answer. Obviously every trip is an overnight, but an LA and Dubai trip is a 4 day trip so you leave Monday morning and get back Thursday morning (for example) and have 1 night in the hotel. A Hong Kong trip is a 3 day trip but if you leave on a Sunday it's a 6 day trip, which is wonderful.

A typical 8 week roster would be 3 LA and 3 Dubai and 1 Hong Kong. We only fly to Hong Kong 4 days a week, so you go there less.

We are able to swap trips with each other and also bid for days off, which are usually granted.

6 weeks annual leave a year and access to staff travel after 6 months. You are also able to request 8 days a year for special occasions.

Hmmmm.... Think that's it. This is the first big recruitment in 5 years so really looking forward to seeing new faces. If you've ever wondered what it's like you should apply! Hard, tiring work but very rewarding.