PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2013, 07:18
Fair_Weather_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not heard anything yet, but expect a PFO is on it's way. As for the conspiracy theories about avoiding more experienced candidates, I very much doubt it. Having 10000hrs of wide body command isn't going to help you with these computer tests. It's a way they believe that they can measure raw ability. Big hours does not guarantee big talent. I've taken tests like this and passed and failed them. It's smoke and mirrors as to how they are scored.

I suspect that EZY are after the usual stuff, rounded team players with commercial awareness and command potential over the medium run. Where I think this recruitment drive will get interesting is when the job offers are made. EZY, in the last five years have only recruited naive 200hr kids and guys down on their luck. I think that they believe that every pilot that has applied is desperate to work for them and can recruit who they want on whatever awful terms and conditions they decide. The lack of detailed info on T&S, from my experience points to a rubbish deal.

EZY, have always been a slightly dodgy employer and seem to have struggled with recruitment and retention in the past. Why get worked up about these tests?

Last edited by Fair_Weather_Flyer; 17th May 2013 at 07:21.