PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Studying material for CPL subjects (ATC/Bob T)
Old 17th May 2013, 06:48
kabukiman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Studying material for CPL subjects (ATC/Bob T)

Gday

long story short: I am studying human factors. Am using the ATC books (I am self studying, the ATC books got me a comfortable pass on my PPL). Tried two practice exams from flightcrewexams.com.au failed one, just scraped through on the one I just did.

I have read the book cover to cover and made lots of notes, done fine in the questions included in the book itself... but had trouble with the prac exams I bought from this joint. Some of the questions were pretty poorly worded. But this does not prevent me from being concerned for the real thing as I felt the ATC book has not covered some of the content of the test.

My question is should I go and buy other publications such as the Bob Tait books for my CPL subjects?

I am pretty confident in my knowledge from the ATC HUF book. Should I just sit the real test and see? Maybe give a few more prac exams a go, or find another place that makes up better more realistic exams for practice?

I am going to track down the CAAP and read through that. I have read there is a CASA human factors publication that may or may not be reading material for the exam, but the link i found for it does not work.

Cheers all