PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2013, 04:55
Piloto2011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purely speculative so I stand to be corrected.

What is the average age and experience in the left hand seat in eJ? I would hazard a guess, 25-35 with 3,000-5,000 hours?

If so, the reason for so many with high hours being rejected might be an unwanted reversed cockpit gradient. Cannot imagine their training to want that. Having heard of people here with high hours and not being PFO'ed is leading me to think they may have too much experience but indeed perfectly match eJ's desired profile.

What they want is the perfect team player that just gels in. The higher a pilot's experience the less likely they, especially when previously flown as PIC but now in new, old role as FO again, will follow their skipper's decision making. Let's face it, there have been numerous events with crew stumbling over CRM issues and this may well be a concern for safety. Just remember a few months ago in a UK airline where two highly experienced crew (one of which with mil background) ended up arguing, resulting in both of their dismissal.

Last but not least, I am sure eJ are fully aware of many guys having thrown in their CV to only see what may come out of it...