PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So Now the Pay Review....
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2013, 20:00
EK_Desert_Slave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow where does all of this hostility toward "Yanks" (as you say) come from? Every airline and every nationality has their "2 percent-ers" so to speak, but generalizing and bashing one large group of pilots here just makes you look like one of the "2 percent-ers" yourself. What American in this forum has acted like we are more important than anyone else or are going to "stick it to the man" by leaving? All I have seen is guys simply stating the fact that there are opportunities back home cropping up if/when they no longer feel like Dubai is the place for them.

Why is that so threatening to some? I think we all know that EK, just like any other airline for that matter, doesn't really care either way and will just bring along the next group of new joiners. If someone leaves to go back to their home country, who are you to criticize that decision or pretend that you know what is best for that individual? We are all part of the same group of pilots here are we not?

I can't imagine anyone is thrilled about the way things have gone here as of late, but why all the hateful and childish comments directed at other pilots or especially 1 nationality? Some of the attitudes and out of control egos around here toward fellow colleagues are the reason why we as pilots really are our own worst enemies at times. Working for a multinational airline must be tough for guys with such disdain for nationalities/cultures other than their own. Personally, I find it much easier to chalk up the jerks to being part of the 2%, and having the common sense and professionalism to show up to work without preconceived ideas and biases against any individual based on what passport they hold...