PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2013, 17:09
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ahh .. de Havilland .. you are absolutely correct. Someone buy that man a beer!

Hate to correct your normally impeccable information ..
I'm not worried about getting it wrong .. so long as we eventually get it right .. and which, thanks to your eagle-eyed observations .. we have done!

I think that with you and Heli1 we must have the keenest eyes on the thread!

Actually its just a matter of laziness on my part for I did not cross-reference with earlier posts to verify the registration of the 305 to check that it tallied with that previously mentioned for Tommy and when I saw that it was registered to BEAS simply assumed it was on lease to Endeavour. The 'E' at the start of the titles completed the illusion!

Ah de Havilland's detective work is proved correct as the titles on G-ASXF (once sufficiently magnified) are indeed those belonging to Everards Brewery Ltd.

Would be nice to learn more about Tony Everard. Though my godfather knew him and the name was mentioned (I think in relation to the HCGB?) I know nothing more but .. I think Denissimo knew him fairly well.

Similarly, it would be great to discover (as you say) a little more about Smith/Culcheth.

In the meantime ..

Bell 206A G-AVTE owned by BSR Limited of Staffordshire as seen at it Birmingham International Airport c. 1968

G-AVTE at Birmingham c. 1968 - Lockheed C130 Hercules sharing the ramp

G-AVTE was delivered to BSR in August 1967. She was the 10th JetRanger registered in the UK, was the second non-Bristow JetRanger to be delivered and was the first Bell-built JetRanger in Britain.

In 1970 she was purchased (according to the record) by A. Smith (Culcheth) Ltd. of 38 Bond Street, Leigh, Lancashire. Does anyone know who Smith/Culcheth was/were?