PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2013, 15:41
WhyByFlier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few unqualified observation or points.

- A high level of hours/ previous command won't necessarily be of interest to easyJet. Contrary to popular belief, easyJet isn't low on experience. It isn't. It is maturing as a company with much reduced expansion. There are plenty of people with 3000 + EasyJet Airbus hours waiting. Don't forget, the fleet is something like 218 aircraft - from a crew point of view it takes a lot for dilution. I'd also recommend reading the Roland Berger report if you can get a copy - it was an ambition to extend time to command. What's my point? The only way of selection is - do you have enough hours to apply? Then, how did you perform in the tests? Then how do you perform at interview? 6000 hours, several useless type ratings, previous military experience, training qualifications, a friend in the company or a need won't unfortunately likely make any difference at this stage. (Later on at interview it might). The experience isn't needed because easyJet is a mature, experienced and very safe airline.

- It was mentioned earlier that many current easyJet pilots wouldn't pass the tests. You're probably right. But they passed at the time. The same is true for the likes of BA - I know of two pilots who flew for BA who went long term sick, lost medical and had to leave the company. One at easy (captain) and one at Jet2. Both very nice chaps with several types on their licence at BA. They had to reapply to BA when they finally won their medicals back. They both subsequently failed the selection.

If it was down to me I'd do it the Monarch way - first come, first serve - recommendations help, friendly interview about you, the company and why you want to be there. I suppose HR cretins don't have too tight a grip there or are selected to be a certain way.

Last edited by WhyByFlier; 16th May 2013 at 15:59.