PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus cadet program 2013
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2013, 11:01
Solstice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m informed, by a reliable source, that the number is a minimum of 10 but that they will look for a pool of 20 (should further be required due additional initiatives etc..).

The minimum age limit and educational qualifications are that – minimums! It allows for the widest spread of applicants. The average age in the last class was mid 20’s and most had 3rd level qualifications (mainly engineering). However, EI has a history of taking younger exceptional candidates who have demonstrated motivation, technical aptitude and maturity. The pilot body is a very diverse group with all sorts of educational / work experience / nationality backgrounds. EI also has one of the highest ratios of female pilots in the industry.

They will use the basic application questions and online aptitude tests to screen (be warned – you will be tested again if you are successful in reaching the later stages).

No excuse, regardless of background, for not knowing some basic principles of flight and company information.

I'm told that finance is pitched at making it available to as many as possible i.e. most people should be able to secure a 25k loan on the basis of securing an EI cadetship. Payments, I believe, are spread. So you shouldn’t let this be an excuse not to apply.

The very best of luck to all who apply……..