PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 15th May 2013, 23:24
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
Lefty has been nothing but consistent with his concern that the
crew of NGA were not entirely blameless and shouldn’t be given a pardon in all this
Thanks Sarcs, you seem to be the only one who actually read what I wrote rather than jump to conclusions.

Ah Algie and look left posting again. Are you in canberra or bris? This blame the pilot seems very at odds with modern thinking? The ills the ilks and the deluded have a common interest.
The ultimate comeback. If you are not following the herd you must be from CASA. As for modern thinking have a look at Just Culture. The thinking that the pilot is never at fault is just as out dated.

Your suggestion that " he should have known" is unhelpful. The question is why he didn't know.
Sunny thats not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is that when the crew realised that they were committed to Norfolk (and they were not the only people responsible for that) then all the subsequent decisions were the crew's responsibility and that includes not informing the rescue services where they were actually located.

Sarcs you might be interested to know that Alan Stray spent a lot of time in Indonesia helping them to develop their investigation capabilities. I think we are starting to see the benefits of that assistance.

Last edited by Lookleft; 15th May 2013 at 23:26. Reason: Seems to be de rigeur to add another comment after editing.