PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2013, 21:50
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
...or Fire Officer (one of mine - very interesting)...
I was joe'd for that at in my early days as a UAS QFI. So I arranged for the Command Fire Officer to come and have a shufti and advise on our facilities - as would surely any diligent secondary duty holder.

I duly took note of all Captain Flack's observations, then wrote to the Boss and OC Admin Whinge, listing all the deficiences and requesting the appropriate corrective works services....

Which would have cost thousands! The Boss thanked me for my diligence and 'asked' whether I would prefer a different secondary duty. So I volunteered for Flight Safety Officer and had a nice week (or was it two?) in London on the firm.....

The worst secondary duty I had was as silver member at a certain East Anglian fighter base. There was heaven knows how much unaccounted plunder lurking in the silver room and attempting to sort out the property book was impossible. I asked whether it was OK to check that everything which should be there was actually there - and anything else I could keep. That fell on stony ground though....

Last edited by BEagle; 15th May 2013 at 21:51.