PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 15th May 2013, 19:19
Algie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunfish you are of course right. My little post was a comment, not the definitive summary of the issue.

It is at the core of the issue to ask why the crew (and in particular PIC) didn't know better, why he was not supoorted better by a quality dispatch function and how it could be that this shortcoming in the crew and company capabilities was unknown to his company management and why CASA hadn't identified that his company was capable of not knowing these things.

I think what I was trying to say, and a few others too along the way....is that the ability of a pilot(s) to address other options while they are still available is not some esoteric skill set, known to a few...it goes to the very basics of single engine-flying...."Always have a paddock available".

Anyway, I stand willing to learn...I make the point again that this threads in-jokes, code-words and slang, and meandering sarcasm don't help me learn and quite probably present more than a little opacity to other truth-seekers too. I have known and disdained managers who practiced such styles and fear that Kharon etc, in their vehement ramblings may have become part of the problem, not part of the solution.