PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2013, 17:39
Piloto2011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, there sure is a heck of experience out there! I am sorry for the guys and gals that got the no. But it seems most of you are already in bred and butter so it should not be too bad news for you.

Do not quote me on this, but hearing of the type of people that received a PFO is making me believe they are looking for pilots that meet their stated hour requirements only just. This is for two reasons: It was made mention earlier that the CAA was on their case, demanding more experience throughout the company. I could imagine the CAA had a say in setting the mark as to whom to hire. So it would make a whole lot of sense for easy to hire people that do not excel their requirement by much to only keep the CAA happy. The obvious other advantages are - something RYR Training keeps stressing too so I hear - people with only little experience can be moulded in more easily and are more likely to accept lower Ts and Cs.

Further I believe the last and just as equally as important loop to jump through was the first two untimed profiling exercises. Those had obviously been made by people involved in flight ops and were specifically addressing issues eJ Captains seem to be facing on a day-to-day basis with their present set of FOs. So if you did not exactly match their preferred profile you would be out of the race. The other stuff that many here suspect to have been the issue for being sent a no, in my book, only played a minor role.