PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2013, 15:19
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a cracker.

I recently spoke to a bloke who had an unrestricted Class 2 medical, having passed (15/15) the Ishihara test with the AME but he was aware that, although his choices were all correct some of them could have gone either way, where on some plates he could 'see' two numbers. This does happen with some persons who may be on the border of CVD.

He them went to a high street optometrist for another check before ging for the Class 1 medical. Again he passed with 15/15.

He then went down to Gatwick and guess what, he failed......surprise, surprise.

He then was invited to take the CAD test at considerable expense to himself which he passed and was given an unrestricted Class 1 medical.

However, he was not satisfied that the Ishihara Test had been conducted correctly at Gatwick, therefore I arranged for him to be tested again, this time in natural daylight conditions as per the manufacturer's instructions. I personally witnessed him achieving 15/15.

Now, ask yourselves this; how can someone achieve three 15/15 passes in three independent tests yet fail in circumstances where such a failure is going to make more money for the organization (or person - I don't know) conducting the test?

I leave it to the jury of fairness and reason.

Last edited by 2close; 15th May 2013 at 15:19.