PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew Holdies - Length of Hold
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2013, 14:32
WannabeCrewman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, this is all great advice from those older, wiser and more accustomed to the bendings-over that the service seems to dish out with ever increasing regularity these days.

Truly appreciate your honesty. I don't mind if its brutal, better to see the crash ahead and avoid it than remain oblivious with the blinkers on until its too late.

I just got off the phone with the HR Manager for Bristow, who was lovely, listened to my tale of woe reference holding etc, and that I wanted to get my head down and get into a proper flying career in SAR.

She said that they are planning on using existing SAR rearcrew at the moment to fill the posts, then once that pool of talent starts drying up in a few years time, they will start bringing in training for ab initio guys.

Makes complete sense to me, I figured that this would be the case, but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. A few years gives me time to get medical qualifications and more experience working with other rescue services, build up that CV for when the RAF make me redundant in 2015...