PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia recruits civil servants to offset pilot shortage
Old 15th May 2013, 08:11
Gtr21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@jack you said you worked for lion a while ago ?? i am sure even then they had a roster, they never followed it but none the less had it, and the schedules are received 1 day in advance.
but as of last month lion air pilots are flying 85 hours and if they are over that they can reject schedules as from the mouth of the chief, and for the 1st time ever you have consecutive days off !!!
@flyhardmo there is no p2f schemes in indo anymore.
@iver the guys who are joining the program to be pilots are more than likely never gonna see the left hand side, all the guys even older gentlemen from navy/airforce are trained as FO and will remain there ( the younger ones who can fly and are not above 50 i presume will get their shot )
@msian its not bhule or indo pilots that causes bull****, 90% of time its the administration
@camel the captains or even fo's who are instructors at flying school don't go over hours, they normally take a few weeks off from commercial ops to go down to these schools and teach
@newyear i heard a lot of Spanish guys went to garuda crj, and they are still hiring
and lastly i agree with trainingwheels , i have flown with some of the indo instructors and they were great, they can provide you with information about line flying.