PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford standards slip
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2003, 12:41
D McQuire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am astonished that Oxford are still treating people this way. I ran into their high handed **** like attitude two years ago when I was trying to figure who I would go for: Oxford or WMU or BAE. Then they had lots of BMI, BA and Aer Lingus cadets so yes they were coming from a strong position but I still found their attitude to self sponsored people totally unacceptable.

In my previous career as a electronics engineer I dealt with many different suppliers of products and services. The services were usually to do with training and bloody expensive they were too. Around about 1500 quid a head for a weeks training was pretty much the norm in that industry. However when I dealt with these suppliers they were (for good reason) extremely courteous, efficient and communicative.

The contrast between that professional way of doing business and the high handed, inefficient and often uncontactable Oxford could not have been greater. I formed the opinion that as much as I might have wanted to go to Oxford they simply did not want my business. So I talked to WMU and BAE and decided in the end on BAE. And very glad I did too. I have found the initial customer care (Mary Jo) every bit as good 7 months down the line here in Jerez. Thoroughly professional.

I am not plugging Jerez over Oxford as I havent been to Oxford. I hear only good things about the training standards there but they really want to get their front of house **** sorted out.